During the summer 2007 we offer only two programs and each
program is offered just once. Therefore, please register early.
Click here for the Panorama Image
which illustrates most wilderness outings listed in the itinerary.
Atlin Quest trips take you to some of the most remote locations of Canada.
They are still largely untouched by human activity, and filled with mystery
and wildlife. The chance that you will have to share the beauty and
solitude of our destination with other travelers is very slim. The
experience of being in the midst of such solitude will be with you for
a long time. Because of our exceptional location, the 10-day Atlin
Quest Adventures offer a combination of different activities unlike most
other wilderness programs which revolve around one activity.
Some details of the program:
Maximum 9 participants
No previous experience necessary - we teach you everything you need to know! All you need is basic fitness.
You will experience:
- A special Welcoming Dinner
- Hiking the Volcano "Ruby Mountain"
- Camping (Base Camp is the Spirit Island in Atlin Lake)
- Alpine hiking
- Glacier hike
- Visit to historic Klondike gold rush sites
- Exploring magic island on Atlin Lake
- Atlin Lake is the biggest natural lake in British Columbia. By Jet boat we cover the bigger distances and also explore the rushing water of the Atlin River
- Enjoy delicious home-cooked meals in the wilderness
When we return to the Atlin Centre you can enjoy:
- The Wilderness Adventure trips operate from the Atlin Centre, a small summer art school located on a plateau on Monarch Mountain.
- From Base Camp on Spirit Island, an island in Atlin Lake, you will enjoy the wonderful scenic views of Atlin Lake, renowned for its
spectacular beauty and mountain grandeur.
- If you are interested, you can combine the Wilderness Adventure with sketching or painting, similar to the
program "Art Adventure in the Wilderness", which has a strong focus on
making art in the outdoors.. You can choose to stay on the island instead of the daily trips we
make, and sketch, paint or photgraph the exceptional views from the island.
- A wood-fired hot tub and sauna
- Hot showers
- Photography tips will help you develop a better
camera technique and learn what makes a photo visually appealing by heightening your visual perception. If
you have a digital camera bring you battery charger as we have a power source in the
wilderness to load up. Your guide, Gernot, the founder of the Atlin Centre is a professional photographer
and artist. Please click on the end of this page on
Dates & Fees & Discounts |
Program Description |
What to Bring |
About Us |
Travel Info |
Panorama Map |
Slide Show |
Registration Form |
Alumni Newsletters |
ART WORKSHOPS |
ATLIN QUEST |
GUEST HOUSE |